Aloo Bread Tikki is an easy and simple to make snack for any time of the day. A delicious and yummy finger licking snack, it is a variation to the hugely popular Aloo Tikki.
Perfectly suited for any occasion – be it afternoon tea time, breakfast snack, evening snack or party starters, this is a wonderful dish that is crunchy and munchy.
Aloo Bread Tikki Recipe
Ingredients for Aloo Bread Tikki
- 4 Potatoes boiled, mashed
- 4 Bread Slices soaked in little water and squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- as per taste Salt
- as required for frying Oil
How to make Aloo Bread Tikki
- Boil the potatoes in hot water and peel the skins.
- Then mash them without any lumps.
- Soak the bread slices in water for 10 minutes. Gently squeeze out all excess moisture.
- Mix the msahed potatoes, bread slices, pepper powder, chilli powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Shape the mixture into desired shapes (round, square or rectangle).
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium flame.
- Fry the prepared aloo bread tikkis until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.