A delicious Thai/Chinese style fried rice with Shrimps. A great way to use any leftover rice and serve a tasty weekday lunch or dinner.
Oil – 3 tblsp
Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
Shrimps – 250 gms, peeled and deveined
Eggs – 3, beaten
Rice – 4 cups, cooked
Carrot – 1, finely chopped (optional)
Fish Sauce – 2 tblsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tblsp
White Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
Spring Onion – 1, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Spring Onions – chopped
1. Heat oil in a large pan over moderate heat.
2. Add the garlic cloves and fry for a minute.
3. Add the shrimps.
4. Stir-fry till the shrimps turn pink.
5. Add the beaten eggs and scramble till cooked.
6. Add the cooked rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and white pepper.
7. Stir fry until the rice is hot.
8. Add the chopped onions and spring onions.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve with pickled cucumbers.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !