Butter – 125 gms
Water – 100 ml
Flour – 125 gms
Eggs – 4, beaten
Milk – 275 ml
Prawns – 175 gms, peeled and chopped
Eggs – 7, hard-boiled, chopped
Mixed Herbs – 1 tsp, chopped
Nutmeg – a pinch
1. Mix 90 gms of butter and 90 ml of water in a pan.
2. Bring to the boil over medium heat.
3. Add 90 gms flour and beat until the mixture is smooth and leaves the sides of the pan clean.
4. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
5. Add the eggs gradually to the flour mixture beating vigorously till the mixture forms a shiny, smooth paste.
6. Grease a baking sheet and drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto it spaced well-apart.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes in a moderate oven till the puffs are firm to the touch and golden brown.
8. Melt the remaining butter in a pan and stir in the remaining flour.
9. Blend in the milk gradually, beating well.
10. Bring milk to boil.
11. Add the remaining ingredients while stirring constantly.
12. Cut the puffs almost in half through the middle.
13. Fill with the prawn and egg mixture.