Bread Slices – 6
Sandwich Spread – 2 tblsp (low fat)
Green Chillies – 2 or 3, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few
For the Filling:
Cauliflower – 1, small
Oil for deep frying
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 2
Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Break the cauliflower into florets.
2. Sprinkle salt and turmeric and keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil for deep frying and fry a few of the florets at a time till light golden brown.
4. Remove and drain out all the excess oil.
5. Once all the cauliflower has been deep-fried, remove most of the oil from the pan and leave only 2 tsp in the pan.
6. Lower the heat and add the chopped garlic and green chillies to the pan.
7. Mix in the curry powder and turmeric powder.
8. Add 2 tsp water and cook on low fire adding salt to taste.
9. After the spices are cooked slightly mix in the fried cauliflower and stir gently.
10. Put off the heat.
11. Garnish with the coriander leaves.
12. Spread the sandwich spread on the slices of bread.
13. On one slice of the bread place a portion of the cauliflower preparation and cover with another slice.
14. Prepare all the sandwiches in this way.
15. Serve with chips and ketchup.