Beaten Rice – 150 gms
Oil for frying
Potatoes – 2, medium, peeled, cut into the rounds, soaked in water
Peanuts – 100 gms, fried
Whole Red Chillies – 4 to 5
Dry Coconut – 4 tsp, thin slices
Green Coriander – 50gms, strands
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp, dry roasted, powdered
1. Heat the oil. To check if the oil is ready, fry a little beaten rice first.
2. It should puff up.
3. In the same oil, fry the following one at a time in the given order, drain and keep aside.
4. The potato rounds till crisp, peanuts, whole red chillies till they turn brown, coconut pieces and green coriander.
5. In a large flat dish, mix all the above ingredients well.
6. Mix together salt, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder.
7. With light fingers, mix everything well.
8. When the mixture cools, store in an airtight container.