- Boil the milk, remove the cream and let it cool.
- In a large vessel, crumble the yeast and mix it with 1/2 cup flour. Stir in warmed (not hot) milk and mix till it forms a smooth paste.
- Set this mixture aside for 20 minutes so that the yeast froths.
- In another vessel, mix the remaining flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir egg and butter into the yeast mix; add the flour mixture and raisins and mix them all together.
- Put this dough onto a floured surface and knead. Return to bowl, and let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead again.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Divide dough into ten pieces and shape into buns. Mark a deep cross on the top of each bun.
- Arrange this on a baking tray, cover with a cloth, and let it rise for 40 minutes. Cook in the preheated (190 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Remove buns from tray and glaze.