Refined Flour (Maida) – 2 Â¼ cups
Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Split Green Gram – 1 cup, soaked for 2 hours, drained and ground to a paste
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds.
3. Add the green gram paste, and the remaining ingredients.
4. Saute till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and is soft.
5. Rub 1 tbsp oil into the refined flour and knead with enough water into soft dough.
6. Divide the dough equally into 12-13 portions.
7. Take a portion, make a hollow in the centre and fill with the green gram mixture.
8. Seal the filling inside.
9. Repeat with the other portions.
10. Cover the stuffed balls with a moist cloth and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
11. Roll our each portion into a thin disc of 10” diameter with some dry flour.
12. Roast the disc on a griddle (tawa) on both sides with 1 1/2 tsp oil.
13. Remove and repeat with the other discs.
14. Cover with aluminum foil.