Tender Jackfruit – 3 cups, diced
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 1 cup
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 2
For the Seasoning:
Refined Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Rice – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2, halved
Curry Leaves – few
1. Place the diced jackfruit in a pan with a pinch of turmeric and salt to taste.
2. Add 1 cup water and cook till done.
3. Drain the cooked jackfruit, crush with a pestle and shred.
4. Coarsely grind the grated coconut, cumin seeds, chilli powder and garlic.
5. Heat oil and allow mustard seeds and rice to splutter.
6. Add red chillies and curry leaves.
7. Saute till brown.
8. Add the coarsely ground ingredients to the jackfruit and saute again.
9. Allow the mixture to dry out completely before removing from heat.
10. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !