Firm apples – 2
Cherries – 8
Jelly of desired flavor – 1 packet
Clove-cinnamon powder – 2 to 3 pinches
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Vanilla ice cream – 8 to 10 scoops
Yellow colour – 1 drop
1. Set jelly as per instructions on packet.
2. Peel and cut apple in quarters
3. Put sugar and apple quarters in a heavy pan. Heat on high. Sprinkle some water.
4. When all sugar has dissolved and the apples are slightly soft, take off gas.
5. Remove the apples and to the remaining syrup, add water, cornflour, clove and cinnamon powder and the yellow colour.
6. Boil the syrup stirring continuously till thick and transparent.
7. Put the mixture in fridge to cool for a few hours.
8. Cut the jelly into cubes.
9. To serve, spoon jelly into glasses. Put a scoop of icecream on the jelly. Place an apple quarter on top and pour some warm sauce. Top with a cherry.