Spring roll wrappers(rice paper) – 1 pkt
Chicken – 1 cup, cut lengthwise
Honey – 1/4 cup
Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Chilly sauce – 2 to 4 tbsp
White wine – 1/4 cup
Dried rice noodles – 100 gms
Fresh basil – 1/2 cup
Fresh coriander – 1 cup
Lettuce – 2 cups, chopped
Spring onions – 4, sliced lengthwise
Vegetable oil to fry
1. Marinate the chicken with honey, fish sauce, lime juice and chilly sauce. Keep aside.
2. Soak the noodles in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. In a pan, heat some oil and add the marinated chicken. To this, add the white wine, 1 to 2 tbsp at a time.
4. Mix together the fresh basil, spring onion, coriander and lettuce in a bowl. Add the cooked chicken as well.
5. In a bowl of hot water, gently dip the rice paper and allow it to soak for about 30 seconds. This will make it soft.
6. On the rice paper, spread a layer of noodles and the chicken-lettuce mixture and fold from all sides.
7. Serve with dipping sauce.
Note:- The rolls taste best when refrigerated for a couple of hours.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !