Mussels – 2 kg
Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, medium sized and finely chopped
Garlic – 6 cloves, ground
Fresh ginger root – 1 1/4 inch piece, ground
Green chilli – 2, ground
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coconut – 2 cups, freshly grated
Water – 3 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Fry the cumin seeds in hot oil till they begin to splutter and add the finely chopped onions and fry till they get golden brown.
2. Make a smooth paste of ground garlic and ginger with a little water.
3. Mix the paste with the fried onions and cook for a few minutes. Then, stir int he seeded and chopped chillies and turmeric powder.
4. Add the coconut, salt and about 3 cups water and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the scrubbed mussels, still in their shells.
6. Mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes or so, when all the shells should open up.
Goan Style Mussels Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Goan Style Mussels Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.