Raw Rice Flour – 2 cups
Ragi Flour – 2 cups
Urad Dal Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/4 tblsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Dry roast the ragi flour and rice flour in a pan.
2. Add urad flour, salt, asafoetida and sesame seeds.
3. Mix well.
4. Heat 3 tblsp oil in a separate pan and pour into the flour mixture.
5. Add enough water and mix well to a murukku dough consistency.
6. Grease a murukku maker and add enough dough.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
8. Gently press the murukku maker over the hot oil.
9. Fry on both sides until light golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve as a snack.
Take care at step #8 as the oil will be hot.
You can fry one or two thenkuzhals at a time. Anything more might stick to one another.