Poori (or Puri) is a popular Indian (South Indian) deep fried dish and served with a mildly spiced potato curry. Commonly served for breakfast, they are also perfect for lunch or dinner and makes for a great party dish. Serve it with a choice of side dish.
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Raw Peanuts – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Pressure cook the peanuts and grind them to a fine paste.
2. Add salt and enough water to wheat flour.
3. Knead well to a pliable dough.
4. Mix the peanut paste and red chilli powder in a bowl. Keep aside.
5. Make small balls of the dough and shape them in to a small cup.
6. Add some of the peanut mixture and fold well.
7. Roll them into small/medium pooris.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
9. Fry the prepared pooris until golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve with side dish of choice.