A delicious, healthy and tasty appetizer or starter salad. Cauliflowers and chickpeas are roasted and mixed with a yogurt dressing.
Cauliflower Florets – 1 cup, chopped
Chickpeas – 2 cups
Carrot – 1 to 1 1/2 cups, chopped
Plain Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp, powdered
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Lettuce Leaves – handful, chopped
Coriander Leaves (or Parsley) – 1 cup, chopped
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely sliced
Curry Powder – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Jalapeno – 1 tsp, chopped
Green Olives – 1 tsp, chopped
Roasted Peanuts – handful, to garnish
1. Soak the chickpeas in slightly salted water for 5 to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the cauliflower, chickpeas and carrot.
5. Saute for a minute.
6. Add salt and curry powder.
7. Stir well and cook until the vegetables are tender and cauliflowers are lightly browned.
8. Mix the lime juice, yogurt, black pepper powder and ginger in a large bowl.
9. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the bowl.
10. Add coriander leaves, lettuce and onions.
11. Mix well until evenly coated.
12. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !