A delicious, easy to make and flavourful homemade sausage tomato pizza. Ideal for sunday brunch or friday night dinner or even a quick weekday lunch or for any parties.
Pizza Base – 1 (readymade or home made via these recipes here here here here)
Olive Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Red Onion – 1, chopped or sliced
Garlic – 1 clove
Tomato Puree – 2 1/2 to 3 tblsp
Sausage – 1, cut into thin slices
Cheese – 2 to 3 tblsp, grated
Basil Leaves – few, chopped
Sugar – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Preheat oven to 220C/440F.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Saute the onions and garlic for a minute and remove.
4. Sprinkle sugar, salt and black pepper powder on the tomato puree.
5. Spread this all over the pizza base.
6. Sprinkle the onions and sausages on top.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top and place it in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
9. Remove and garnish with basil leaves.