Knol Khol (or Kohlrabi or German Turnip) is a nutritious vegetable rich in calcium, sodium, Vitamins A and C. It is also a good source of anti-oxidants and dietary fiber.
Knol Khol – 200 gms
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, finely chopped
Horse Gram – 200 gms
Onions – 50 gms, finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 tblsp
1. Dry roast the horse gram and grind to a powder.
2. Grate the knol khol.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
5. Add the onions and green chillies.
6. Saute for a minute or two.
7. Add the grated knol khol and stir well.
8. Switch off the flame and add the ground horse gram.
9. Add enough salt and water.
10. Mix well to a thick batter.
11. Heat a dosa tawa over medium flame.
12. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
13. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides until lightly browned.
14. Remove and serve with chutney of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !