1/2 kg carrot
half a coconut
3 large onions (sliced finely)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
8 flakes of garlic
a small piece of ginger
8 green chillies
2 pieces cinnamon
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp poppy seed
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1. Grind coconut, poppy seed, green chillies, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
2. Scrap the carrot and cut into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a pan and put the cinnamons, onions, cloves and saute.
4. Add the tomatoes and saute well.
5. Put the carrots, salt and turmeric.
6. Add a little water and let it to cook for some time.
7. Mix the coconut paste with a little water and add to the carrots.
8. When the gravy is thick enough, remove from fire and add the juice of one lime.
9. Stir well.
This goes well with poori and chappati.