Brinjal – 125 gms, chopped
Potatotes – 125 gms, boiled, peeled, mashed
Tomatoes – 125 gms, chopped
Onion – 1, sliced
Green Chillies – 3 to 4
Curd – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Curry Leaves – few
Turmeric Powder – a small pinch
Oil as required
Mustard Seeds – little
Salt as per taste
1. Add turmeric powder to brinjals and boil them for a few minutes until soft and tender.
2. Then grind together with green chillies, onions, tomatoes and potatoes.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 30 seconds.
5. Add the coriander leaves and curry leaves.
6. Add the ground brinjal mixture and mix well.
7. Add salt and a little water.
8. Simmer for a few minutes and remove.
9. Add curd and gently mix.
10. Serve with rice, dosa, idli, poori or chapathi.
Tip: Add a little ghee when served with rice.