These simple to make and delicious strawberry muffins are a great anytime snack – breakfast, teatime or dessert, they are perfect for any occasion.
Strawberries – 3 cups, hulled, chopped
Plain Flour (Maida) – 4 cups
Butter – 1 cup, unsalted, melted
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tblsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
Eggs – 3 to 4
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 cups of sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the strawberries, mix well and keep aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. Add this to the flour and stir until fully mixed.
5. Pour this into the muffin trays lined with paper cups.
6. Sprinkle some sugar on top and place it into a preheated oven at 375F/185C.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into ceter comes out clean.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Serve as a dessert or teatime snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !