Mint Potato Rice (or Aloo Pudina Rice) is a simple to make and delicious lunch box dish. No need for any side dish. If preferred, serve with raita.
Mint Leaves – 2 bunches, cleaned, chopped
Potatoes – 4 to 5, chopped
Coriander Leaves – big handful, chopped
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Green Chillies – 5
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 to 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Green Peas – 1/4 cup, shelled
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped or sliced
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
3. Stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add the mint leaves and cook until the leaves start to wilt.
5. Remove the pan from flame and cool.
6. Add the coriander leaves and grind together to a smooth paste.
7. Add this to the rice and mix well.
8. In a separate pan, heat little oil and stir-fry the potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Add salt and red chilli powder.
10. Stir well and cook until the potatoes are tender and cooked.
11. Add this to the rice and stir gently.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !