Chicken Salad Sandwich is a simple and delicious lunch time meal. Cooked and shredded chicken is mixed with mayonnaise, carrots, capsicum and spread on a toasted sandwich bread topped up with cucumber, onion and tomatoes.
Chicken – 2 cups, boiled, shredded
Mayonnaise – 3 cups
Carrots – 1/2 cup, finely chopped or grated
Onions – 1, finely chopped + 1, finely sliced
Cucumber – 1/2 cup, sliced (optional)
Tomatoes – 1, sliced
Capsicum – 1 cup, chopped
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
Lettuce – few, chopped
Bread Slices – 6 to 10
1. Mix the mayonnaise, carrots, chicken, onions and capsicum in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
3. Mix well and keep aside.
4. Toast the bread slices and place them on a flat surface.
5. If desired, apply some butter on the slices.
6. Spread some of the chicken mixture on half of the slices.
7. Top up with lettuce, slices of onion, cucumber and tomatoes.
8. Cover with the other halves and slice each into 2 triangles.
9. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !