Cabbage Poriyal is a very popular South Indian side dish served with rice and sambar or rasam during lunch or dinner. They are also a popular dish in wedding menu.
Cabbage – one medium size, chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – 4 tblsp
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Onion – 1 chopped
Green Chilies – 4, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 4 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
1. Add a pinch of turmeric and cook the bengal gram dal till it turns soft
2. Remove and drain the excess water.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame
4. Fry the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter.
5. Fry chopped onion, green chilies and curry leaves for two minutes.
6. Add cabbage and mix well.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a few minutes without adding water.
8. Stir the mixture till it is cooked.
9. Add cooked dal, salt and stir for some time.
10. Add coconut.
11. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !