Cutlets are a popular and simple snack often served as a snack or as an appetizer.
Roasted Peanuts – 2 cups, coarsely powdered
Potatoes – 4, boiled, peeled, mashed
Bread Slices – 5 to 6
Green Chillies – 6 to 8
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Breadcrumbs – 2 cups
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Grind together the green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves to a fine paste.
2. Dip the bread slices in water and squeeze dry.
3. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the potatoes, peanuts, green chilli paste, salt and mix well.
5. Make small balls and shape them into cutlets of desired shapes.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan.
7. Roll the cutlets in the breadcrumbs and add to the hot oil.
8. Fry until golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve with sauce or chutney of choice.
image via Sri Krishna Vilas