A very simple and popular snack often served during tea time or evening.
Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 1/3 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/3 cup
Urad Dal – 1/3 cup
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Separately soak the rice, toor dal, bengal gram dal and urad dal for 1 hour.
2. Drain well and combine them together.
3. Add dry red chillies and grind them to a coarse batter.
4. Add salt, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
5. Mix well.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
7. Make small balls of the batter and fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve as a snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !