Kondai Kadalai (Chickpeas) – 1/2 cup, soaked overinght
Tamarind – a lemon sized ball
Sambar Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut – 1 tsp, grated
Sombu – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
Sambar Onion – 5, chopped
Tomato – 1, cut into pieces
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the chickpeas for three to four whistles.
2. Soak tamarind and salt in one cup of water.
3. Squeeze out the tamarind and extract the juice to make 3 cups.
4. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder.
5. Add cooked peas and tomato.
6. Mix well and bring to a boil.
7. Grind the coconut and sombu to a fine paste.
8. Add to the boiling kuzhambu.
9. Stir well. Boil in a low flame for few more minutes.
10. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
11. Fry the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter.
12. Add cinnamon, sombu, and fry well.
13. Add onion and curry leaves.
14. Fry and add to the boiling kuzhambu.
15. Remove to a serving bowl.
16. Serve with rice or roti.
Kondai Kadalai (Chickpeas) Masala Kuzhambu Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kondai Kadalai (Chickpeas) Masala Kuzhambu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.