Paneer – 300 gms, cut into small cubes or grated
Olive Oil (or Butter) – 2 tblsp
Butter (or Mayonnaise or Cheese Spread) – as required
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Sandwich Bread Slices to serve
Capsicums – 1/2 cup, chopped
Carrot – 1/4 cup, grated
Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Stir fry the paneer for 60 seconds.
3. Lower the heat.
4. Add the spices and tomato puree. Mix well.
5. Cook over low heat for one minute more, stir gently so that the paneer pieces do not crumble.
6. Sprinkle coriander leaves, remove and keep aside.
7. Spread butter (or mayonnaise or cheese spread) on the bread slices.
8. Place some of the filling on one slice of bread and spread evenly.
9. Cover with another slice and cut into half.
10. If you want, you can grill these sandwiches as well.
11. Serve with chutney or sauce.