Vendakkai Mandi is a delicious Chettinadu recipe.
Vendakkai (Bhindi) – 500 gms
Oil – 1/2 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Sambar Onions – 1 cup, peeled
Tomato – 2, chopped
Curry Leaves – handful
Garlic – 6 cloves
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 1 tsp, mixed with 1 tblsp water
Tamarind Extract – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds for 45 to 60 seconds.
3. Saute the onions well.
4. Add curry leaves and garlic.
5. Stir-fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
6. Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
7. Mix well and add the tomatoes.
8. Add salt and tamarind extract.
9. Simmer for a few minutes and add the rice flour.
10. Remove when it starts to thicken.
11. Serve as a side dish with idli, dosa or rice.
Vendakkai Mandi Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Vendakkai Mandi Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.