Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
Water – 4 cups
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Spinach – 450 gms, washed, stemmed, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 2, diced
Green Chillies – 2, stemmed
Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Skim Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Rinse the dal thoroughly.
2. Bring water to a boil in a pan.
3. Add the dal and turmeric.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Add the spinach, onion, garlic and chillies.
6. Continue to simmer for another 15 minutes until peas are tender.
7. Add the cumin, coriander, chilli powder, curry powder and salt.
8. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
10. Transfer the contents to a blender and puree.
11. Return to the pan and add milk.
12. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Split Pea and Spinach Soup Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Split Pea and Spinach Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.