Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
Water – 4 cups
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Spinach – 450 gms, washed, stemmed, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 2, diced
Green Chillies – 2, stemmed
Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Skim Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Rinse the dal thoroughly.
2. Bring water to a boil in a pan.
3. Add the dal and turmeric.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Add the spinach, onion, garlic and chillies.
6. Continue to simmer for another 15 minutes until peas are tender.
7. Add the cumin, coriander, chilli powder, curry powder and salt.
8. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
10. Transfer the contents to a blender and puree.
11. Return to the pan and add milk.
12. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Split Pea and Spinach Soup Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Split Pea and Spinach Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.