Bottle Gourd – 250 gms, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Onions – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Chana dal – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp, roasted
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Garlic – 1/4 tsp, ground
Salt as per taste
Kopra – 2 tblsp, ground
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped, for garnishing
1. Boil the dal in a pan till almost cooked but not completely soft. Remove.
2. Keep one cup of water in the pan.
3. Add green chillies, bottle gourd, onions and tomatoes.
4. Simmer on low heat till the gourd is half cooked.
5. Add chilli powder, coriander and turmeric powder.
6. Add garlic and salt.
7. Cook for a few minutes.
8. Add coconut, chana dal and continue to cook for a while, adding little water if required.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.