Brinjal – 1
Lemon Pickle – 2 tblsp
Onion – 1, sliced
Tomato – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Make two slits in the brinjal so as to get four portions but the brinjal remains whole.
2. Sprinkle salt and the lemon pickle with oil in the inside of the brinjal.
3. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat the oil for deep frying and fry the brinjal on all sides till crispy.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Remove most of the oil except 2 to 3 tsp.
7. Add the onion slices into this oil and fry till translucent.
8. Mix in the tomatoes, ginger, garlic and the spices.
9. Stir fry for 1 minute and mix in the remaining lemon pickle with the oil.
10. Stir gently on low fire for 2 minutes more.
11. Mix in the fried brinjal and very gently mix so that the onions and tomatoes seep into the slit brinjal.
12. Serve with rotis.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !