Mysore Bonda is a popular and tasty South Indian evening tiffen snack dish. Commonly served as an appetizer starter during weddings and special occasions, these are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
Serve this delicious snack with a choice of chutney and sambar..
Mysore Bonda Recipe
Ingredients for Mysore Bonda
- 1/2 cup Dry Urad Dal
- 3 Black Peppercorns crushed
- 2 tblsp Coconut chopped
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- few Curry Leaves chopped
- 2 tblsp Cashew Nuts broken
- 1 cup Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Mysore Bonda
- Soak the Urad Dal for at least 1 hour.
- Wash and drain the dal.
- Add 2 tblsp of water and grind to a smooth batter.
- Transfer to a big bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
- Drop small portions of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain any excess oil.
- Serve with chutney of choice.