A popular and tasty South Indian evening snack and often served as an appetizer starter in weddings, the Mysore Bonda is best served with a chutney of choice.
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Black Peppercorns – 3, crushed
Coconut – 2 tblsp, chopped
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Rice Flour – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Cashew Nuts – 2 tlsp, broken
Oil – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Soak, wash and drain the dal.
2. Add 2 tblsp of water and grind to a smooth batter.
3. Transfer to a big bowl and add all the other ingredients.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
5. Drop small portions of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
6. Remove and drain any excess oil.
7. Serve with chutney of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !