Aab Gosht or Kashmiri Mutton Curry is a delicious dish where mutton pieces are cooked in a milk based gravy with a hint of spice in the form of black pepper powder.
An authentic dish from the Kashmiri cuisine, it is often served with rice.
Aab Gosht (Kashmiri Mutton Curry)
- 1 kg Lamb cut into pieces
- 5 cup Water
- 5 tsp Aniseed Powder
- 5 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 Dry Ginger Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 5 1/2 Milk
- 6 Green Cardamoms split open
- 1 tsp Onion Paste fried
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorn Powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp Ghee
- Boil the lamb with aniseed powder, garlic, dry ginger powder and salt till it is tender.
- Remove the lamb and keep aside. Sieve the stock in another pan and keep aide.
- In a separate pan, boil the milk with the green cardamoms.
- Simmer till the milk is reduced to half.
- Add the fried onion paste, black peppercorn powder and ghee. Mix well.
- Add the lamb and the stock.
- Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 5-7 minutes and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.
If you like this dish, you might also like Rogan Josh
Image via Vahrehvah