Aab Gosht or Kashmiri Mutton Curry is a delicious dish where mutton pieces are cooked in a milk based gravy with a hint of spice in the form of black pepper powder.
An authentic dish from the Kashmiri cuisine, it is often served with rice.
Aab Gosht (Kashmiri Mutton Curry) Recipe
Ingredients for Aab Gosht (Kashmiri Mutton Curry)
- 1 kg Lamb cut into pieces
- 5 cup Water
- 5 tsp Aniseed Powder
- 5 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 Dry Ginger Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 5 1/2 Milk
- 6 Green Cardamoms split open
- 1 tsp Onion Paste fried
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorn Powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp Ghee
How to make Aab Gosht (Kashmiri Mutton Curry)
- Boil the lamb with aniseed powder, garlic, dry ginger powder and salt till it is tender.
- Remove the lamb and keep aside. Sieve the stock in another pan and keep aide.
- In a separate pan, boil the milk with the green cardamoms.
- Simmer till the milk is reduced to half.
- Add the fried onion paste, black peppercorn powder and ghee. Mix well.
- Add the lamb and the stock.
- Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 5-7 minutes and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.
If you like this dish, you might also like Rogan Josh
Image via Vahrehvah