Bread – 16 slices
Onion – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Carrot – 1/4 kg
Soya Flakes – 50 gms
Ginger-Green Chilli Paste – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – 2 pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 2 pinch
Butter – little
Oil for frying
Cumin Seeds – little
1. Chop tomatoes and onion finely. Grate carrots and keep aside.
2. Soak soya flakes in boiling hot water for 15 minutes and squeeze properly.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan.
4. Add cumin seeds and then add onions.
5. Saute onions and when it turns golden brown add tomatoes and cook till it becomes pulpy.
6. Add ginger-chilli paste, cut mint leaves, grated carrot and saute well.
7. When carrot is fried properly, add squeezed soya flakes, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and saute well.
8. Add coriander leaves and remove from fire.
9. Apply butter on both sides of the bread.
10. Keep masala filling in between 2 slices and toast in a toaster until golden brown.
11. Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.