Paneer – 250 gms
Ladies Finger – 500 gms
For the Stuffing:
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp, crushed
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Drained Yogurt – 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry Pomegranate Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Oil – 3 tblsp, to shallow fry
Carrots – 1 tblsp, grated, for garnishing
1. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a kadai.
2. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green chillies and ginger.
3. Add the onions and saute till they turn pink.
4. Stir in the paneer and yogurt.
5. Season with salt, pepper, turmeric, pomegranate and cumin powders, chaat masala and garam masala.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and saute till the filling is dry but moist.
7. Wash the ladies fingers, pat dry, cut the tops and make a slit down the centre.
8. Push the stuffing into the slits with a blunt knife, inserting as much as you can and pressing with your hands to make it firm.
9. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
10. Add the ladies fingers and shallow fry for 2 minutes on high heat.
11. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
12. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the carrots.
13. Serve hot.