Spinach – 3 cups, chopped
Potato – 1, large, grated
Onion – 1, medium, minced
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, minced
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Cream – little, for serving
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – a pinch
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – a pinch
Salt to taste
Milk – 1 1/2 cups
1. Heat ghee, add cumin seeds and when done add minced onion, garlic and ginger. Fry.
2. Add grated potatoes, chopped spinach and fry for a little longer.
3. Add pepper powder, salt, nutmeg powder, garam masala, 2 to 3 cups of water and cook till vegetables are done.
4. Remove from fire, cool, pass through a liquidiser.
5. Add some water to puree, if too thick, add milk and simmer on low heat till soup consistency.
6. To serve, pour soup in individual soup bowls.
7. Beat cream smooth, add a dollop to each bowl.
8. Garnish with a pinch of coriander leaves.