Potatotes – 2, large
Sweet Potatoes – 2
Celery – 175 gms
Unsalted Butter – 1 tblsp
Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1/2 tsp
Mild Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Shallots – 3, chopped
Single Cream – 2/3 cup
Milk – 2/3 cup
Salt – as per taste
Ground Black Pepper – as required
Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley to garnish
1. Peel the potatoes, sweet potatoes and celery and cut into thin, even slices using a sharp knife and place the vegetables in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from discolouring.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat half the butter in a heavy pan, add the curry powder, ground turmeric and coriander and half the chilli powder. Cook for 2 minutes, then leave to cool slightly. Drain the vegetables, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Place in a bowl, add the spice mixture and the shallots and mix well.
3. Arrange the vegetables in a shallow baking dish, seasoning well with salt and pepper between the layers. Mix the cream and milk together; pour the mixture over the vegetables, then sprinkle the remaining chilli powder on top.
4. Cover the dish and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the lid, dot the vegetables with the remaining butter and bake for a further 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
5. Serve the gratin garnished with chopped parsley.
Spicy Root Vegetable Gratin Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Spicy Root Vegetable Gratin Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.