Popular in Tamilnadu, the Mushroom Salna is a delicious, easy to make side dish for chapati, roti or pulao. It is a versatile dish and can also be served with idli or dosa.
- Button Mushroom – 200gms
- Onion – 1
- Shallots – 100gms
- Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
- Cashews – 7-8
- Mint Leaves – few
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon Stick – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Soak the cashews in hot water for a while.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Without adding oil, dry roast the onions and tomatoes for sometime.
- Let it cool down.
- Grind them to a fine paste along with soaked cashews.
- Add oil in a kadai and heat it.
- Add the fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, mint leaves, coriander leaves and cook them.
- Add the turmeric powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and cook nicely.
- Later add the shallots, grated coconut, cleaned mushrooms, salt and saute it.
- When the mushrooms turn tender, add the ground paste, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add the required water and boil them for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle curry leaves at the end.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !