Rice – 2 cups
Mussels/Shell fish – 1 cup
Onion – 1, large size and finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Green chillies – 3, ground
Red chillies – 4
Bay leaves – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 3
Cardamoms – 4
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. First, wash and soak the rice for half an hour and then drain the excess water.
2. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and also the green chillies and saute. Also, add the green chilli paste and stir for a while.
3. Next, add the onions and fry till golden.
4. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a moment. Add the mussels/shell fish and fry for appoximately 5 minutes.
5. Then add the salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and fry for another 10 minutes.
6. Finally, add the rice along with 3 cups of water and mix well. Cover and cook till the rice is ready.
7. Serve hot.