Jaggery – 2/3 cup
Fresh coconut – 2/3 cup, grated
Milk – 1/2 cup
Poha – 1 1/2 cup
Warm water – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cardamoms – 2, crushed into powder
Rasisins and Almonds
1. To dispose off the raw smell of the poha, dry roast it. Then keep the poha soaked in warm water for about 3 to 4 minutes. Wait till it softens and then drain the water. Keep it aside.
2. Next liquify the jaggery in water. Cook on low flame until it thickens. To get rid of any dirt, strain it at least once. Set aside.
3. Take a thick bottomed pan and heat it. Add the coconut on low flame and roast it. This is to eliminate the raw smell of the coconut. Then, combine the jaggery and keep cooking till it blends properly. Follow it by adding the poha to the mixture.
4. Finally, put the ghee and sprinkle the cardamom powder. Remove it from flame.
5. Decorate with almonds and raisins and serve hot.