Best served as a side dish with idly or dosa.
Green Chillies – 20 to 24
Tamarind – 1 big lemon sized ball, seedless
Asafoetida – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Sesame Powder – little
Peanut Powder – 3 to 4 tsp, dry roasted
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the asafoetida and green chillies.
3. Saute for a few minutes ensuring the green chillies do not get blackened or burnt.
4. Add salt and tamarind.
5. Mix well and remove from flame.
6. Cool and then grind to a paste.
7. Heat little oil in a pan.
8. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and ground paste.
9. Add sesame powder, peanut powder and mix well.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Serve with idli or dosa.