Best served as a side dish with idly or dosa.
Green Chillies – 20 to 24
Tamarind – 1 big lemon sized ball, seedless
Asafoetida – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Sesame Powder – little
Peanut Powder – 3 to 4 tsp, dry roasted
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the asafoetida and green chillies.
3. Saute for a few minutes ensuring the green chillies do not get blackened or burnt.
4. Add salt and tamarind.
5. Mix well and remove from flame.
6. Cool and then grind to a paste.
7. Heat little oil in a pan.
8. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and ground paste.
9. Add sesame powder, peanut powder and mix well.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Serve with idli or dosa.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !