A simple, easy to make lunch box or evening snack. Kids would love this tasty dish.
Bread Slices – 2
Ghee – 3 tsp
Whole Green Gram – 1/4 cup, soaked
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, small, finely chopped
Potato – 1, small, finely chopped
Carrots – 3 tsp, grated
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
1. Cut the bread slices into small squares.
2. Heat ghee in a pan.
3. Fry the bread squares and keep aside.
4. Pressure cook the green gram and potatoes with little salt and enough water for 1 or 2 whistles.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai.
6. Saute the onions, tomatoes and carrots for a minute.
7. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
8. Drain the potato and green gram mixture well and add to the kadhai.
9. Stir well.
10. Add the fried bread pieces and mix.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.