Fresh lemon squeeze – 1
Caster sugar – 40 gms
Strawberries – 225 gms (frozen)
Self raising flour – 175 gms
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Eggs – 2 (separated)
Vegetable oil – 3 – 4 tbsp (for greasing)
Milk – 200 ml
Cream – 150gms
1. Put the apples, strawberries, 15 gms of caster sugar and lemon in a saucepan. Add a few drops of water bring to a boil and then simmer until the applies are tender.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, stir in the remaining sugar.
3. Then add the egg yolks and a little of the milk. Beat in gradually to make a smooth batter and slowly add the rest of the milk.
4. Whisk up the egg whites till stiff peaks are formed and then fold into the batter.
5. Heat a large heavy based frying pan and brush with oil, then put about 3-4 tbsp of batter in the pan to make the pancakes.
6. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden each side. Keep warm while you make more pancakes.
Serve them layered with fruit and a dollop of cream.