Bread slices – 3
Besan – 150 gms
Tomatoes – 2, deseeded and finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
Coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Rice powder or Cornflour – 2 tsp (optional)
Water as required
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
1. First mix besan with water and add salt to it to make a smooth batter. At this time, you can also add chilli powder and rice flour if being used.
2. Now add half quantity of all the finely chopped vegetables to the batter and combine the remaining vegetables in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Then heat a pan and put 1/2 tbsp oil, dip the sliced bread on both sides with batter and place on the pan to cook.
4. Sprinkle some chopped vegetables on top of the bread and gently cook for a minute on slow fire.
5. As you cook, apply another 1/2 tbsp oil and turn over the slice of bread and repeat the method until the batter gets cooked on both sides.
Cut and serve with ketchup.