A simple, easy to make Mexican tacos with a tofu filling. Perfect for brunch, afternoon snack or even a light meal.
Tofu – 200 gms, chopped
Tortillas – 4
Onion – 2 to 3 tblsp, chopped
Capsicum – 1, large, chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Green Chillies – 2 (or 1 Jalapeno), chopped
Butter – 3/4 tblsp
Dried Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Tomato – 1, diced, seeds removed
1. Heat butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium flame.
2. Add the tofu pieces and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until light golden.
3. Add the capsicums, onions, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper powder.
4. Stir well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. When the tofu is lightly browned and crispy at the edges, add the green chillies.
6. Separately warm the tortillas and place them on a flat surface.
7. Divide and spoon the tofu over each tortillas.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and tomato.
9. Fold and serve at once.