Black Bean and Corn Salsa is an easy to make healthy and nutritious appetizer for any meal/occasion.
Black Beans – 400 gms
Corn Kernels – 200 gms
Coriander Leaves – big handful, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Spring Onions – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Lime Juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Olive Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, finely chopped
1. Soak the black beans in slightly salted water for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Soak the corn kernels for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Drain the beans and rinse well.
4. Drain the corn and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the beans and all the other ingredients.
6. Mix well and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
8. This can be made 24 hours in advance.
Tip: If using canned beans and corn, omit step #1 and #2.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !