Rice – 1 cup
Peeled small onions – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 7 flakes
Tomatoes – 2 small
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 10 (optional)
few cloves and cinnamon
Garlic – 4 flakes (fried in oil)
Fresh tender curry leaves – 1/4 cup
Grated dry coconut – 2 1/2 tbl sp
Red chillies – 10
Tamarind – small lim sized
Asafoetida – small pinch
1. Cook rice and allow it to cool. Separate grains properly and mix with a tsp of ghee. Cut small onions, garlic and tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat oil, fry cinnamon and cloves, add garlic, onions and then tomatoes.
3. Fry till tomatoes are cooked properly.
4. Add ground masala and fry in a high flame till good smell comes.
5. Add rice, salt and mix well.
6. Serve garnished with fried cashewnuts.
Variation:- Omit garlic and tamarind. Fry curry leaves, red chillies, fresh coconut and then grind it.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !