A delicious and very simple to make lunch or dinner recipe. Serve with side dish of choice or with papads and appalams.
Bitter Gourds – 2 to 3
Rice – 1 to 2 cups (as required)
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – little, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Onions – 2, small, chopped
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
1. Wash and slice the bitter gourds into thin rounds. Discard the seeds.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Fry the bitter gourds for a minute or two and remove from flame.
4. Keep aside.
5. To the same pan, add the remaining oil.
6. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and fry for 10 seconds.
7. Add the onions, green chillies, curry leaves and saute until onions turn golden.
8. Add the bitter gourds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
9. Mix well.
10. After 3 to 4 minutes, add the cooked rice and mix well.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
image via youtube