This Homemade Paruppu Podi with Garlic is very popular dish in South India, especially in Tamil Nadu. Best served with steamed rice and generous quantity of ghee. Ideal for lunch and also served during special occasions.
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 15 to 18 cloves
Dry Red Chillies – 18 to 20
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Oil – little
1. Dry roast the cumin seeds, toor dal, bengal gram dal and moong dal, separately, for 2 minutes each.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Fry the red chillies for a minute.
4. Add the garlic and curry leaves.
5. Fry for another minutes.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Combine all the ingredients and grind to a fine powder.
8. Serve with ghee and steamed rice.
image via grand sweets
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !