A delicious and popular South Indian dish, especially in Tamil Nadu. They are best served with rice, roti or dosa.
Cabbage – 2 cups, finely chopped
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves, crushed
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Green Peas – 1/4 cup, shelled (optional)
Turmeric Powder – little
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Saunf – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add the curry leaves and saunf.
3. Stir-fry for 20 seconds.
4. Add the onions, green peas (if using) and garlic.
5. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions turn golden.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook until pulpy.
7. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
8. After a minute, add the cabbage and stir well.
9. Cook for a minute.
10. Add salt and turmeric powder.
11. If required, sprinkle a little water and cover the pan with a lid.
12. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
13. Remove from flame and serve hot as a side dish.