This is a Sindhi variation of the delicious and crispy Aloo Tuk where boiled baby potatoes are deep fried until crisp and spices sprinkled on top.
Baby Potatoes – 150 to 200 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dried Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
2. Add a little salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and peel the skin.
5. Then flatten them into round patties.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the potatoes until golden and crisp or for 5-6 minutes.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Transfer to a large bowl.
10. Sprinkle the mango powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt.
11. Toss gently until evenly coated.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve as a snack or as an appetizer.
image via kailash parbat
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !